Looking to update your mail settings? Find that guide here.
Prior to setting up email on your device(s) you will need to have purchased cPanel shared hosting and set up any required mailbox(es) for your domain OR purchased and configured dedicated email hosting mailbox(es) for your domain.
Once you’ve created a mailbox using one of these methods you will be able to retrieve server settings from cPanel – if you’re using Dedicated Email Hosting this will be in the welcome email we send out once your mailbox is configured.
Setting up your account for the first time
- Open the Settings app and go to Mail. Then, go to Accounts and click Add an email account.
- Click Other on the Add Account page.
- Select Add Mail Account under the Mail heading.
- Enter the name (as you wish to show on outgoing messages), your full email address, password and a description (this only shows on your device).
- Enter in the incoming and outgoing server details as follows.
Note: The ‘optional’ Outgoing Mail Server details are mandatory!
- Incoming Host Name: This is the same as your cPanel hostname, or Dedicated Email Webmail address (e.g. ventraip.email)
- Username: Your full email address needs to go here.
- Password: The password for your email account
- Outgoing Host Name: This should be identical to the Incoming Host Name.
- Username: Your full email address again, as above.
- Password: The password again, as above.
Voila! You should now be ready to go! Head to the Mail App on your iDevice and start sending/receiving!
Still having issues getting set up?
Our support on issues using this software is limited – we’re happy to verify you’ve put everything in the right place. Please submit an eTicket through to our technical support team with screenshots of the configurations you applied as per this article and we will let you know if anything has been missed.
Beyond this, you will need to follow our earlier suggestion of consulting the internet or looking into the vendor’s knowledge base.
Click here for the Apple Support page.