Extended Validation (EV) SSL Certificate validation process
The Comodo Premium EV (Extended Validation) SSL Certificate is validated to the highest degree to provide consumer confidence in the identity of the web site operator. It provides website owners with the green block in the address bar (in some browsers this is no longer supported), much like many online banking websites, to show the highest level of security for your visitors.
Here is an example of how an Extended Validation (EV) SSL Certificate will look in some browsers:
Comodo Premium Extended Validation (EV) SSL certificates enable secure connections, establish business identities, and assist in preventing fraud through a rigorous set of checks and validations previously unmatched with regular SSL certificate processes. The Comodo Premium Extended Validation (EV) SSL Certificate features 256-bit encryption and includes a $1,500,000 identification guarantee as well as free re-issues for the life of the SSL certificate.
Due to the secure nature of these SSL certificates, the ordering process does take slightly longer, and is slightly different:
- Place the order for the Comodo Premium Extended Validation SSL Certificate via the VentraIP website.
- Configure the SSL Certificate through VIPControl and set up an email@example.com email address or forwarder if you don’t already have one.
- Once your certificate is submitted, you will receive an email from Comodo directly with a copy of their EV Enrollment Form to be filled out.
- Please complete all sections of their form carefully, and send it back to them per the instructions you will have received.
- Comodo will then email you again once the completed paperwork has been received, and begin their auditing process.
- When the certificate is issued it will be emailed to you (your client) and show in VIPControl.
Please note: Throughout the entire process, you will need to have access to firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
You will not need to submit your Certificate Signing Request (CSR) to Comodo (despite the instructions in their documentation). When the order is submitted through VIPControl, this is already completed for you.
Please be aware that Comodo will also phone your organisation for further validation, so please prepare your front-of-house staff, as they may be required to comment on the lodging employee’s status (to ensure that the lodging customer is from the organisation).