Manual change of registrant (CoR) process
Sometimes you cannot initiate a Change Of Registrant via your VIPControl account. This will be because the ABN/ACN associated with the domain name is invalid or cancelled.
For Businesses or Organisations
To initiate a CoR process, we need some evidence that the domain name has changed entity.
Here are some examples of documentation we accept as proof of a change of ownership.
- A copy of a sales agreement showing that the business was sold or changed hands; or
- A signed letter on company letterhead stating that the domain name has changed hands; or
- Any valid document showing the domain name or business has changed hands.
For Sole Traders and Partnerships
Sometimes an ABN/ACN is associated with a domain name is for a Sole Transfer or Partnership. In which case, we need to see that the Sole Trader or at least one member of the Partnership is the one requesting the COR be completed. We normally accept any form of government-issued ID (e.g. drivers license, passport) as proof that the Sole Trader or member of a Partnership is actually requesting the CoR take place.
Transfer of Domain Chain Form
In the event that there is no supporting documentation to complete the CoR process, auDA have provided a document that you can fill out to proceed with the Change Of Registrant. This document is referred to as a ‘Transfer of Domain Chain Form’ and you can download that here. This form is to be completed where a domain name has been transferred to another registrant, and the current registrant i.e. the listed licensee of the domain name, no longer exists.
This form needs to be filled out and supplied to our support team with any supporting documentation AND a Statutory declaration that includes a signature from a Justice of Peace.
- Once the COR process is complete, the domain name’s registration is effectively “reset”. This means that the expiry date will be changed to exactly 1 year from the time the COR is completed.
- There is a fee for the COR process, which is equal to 1 year of registration/renewal.
- If the existing ABN/ACN/RBN associated with the domain name is no longer valid or cancelled (and the ABN is not a sole trader), we will need further information from you in order to be able to initiate the COR process. In which case, submit an eTicket to our support team.