Reporting process for .gay domain names
The .gay Protection Policy
The .gay domain extension implements a Rights Protection Policy, which exists to discourage homophobic, anti-LGBTQ usage and provide specific remedies for domains that intentionally use .gay to malign or harm LGBTQ individuals.
The following behaviors are prohibited on .gay domains by the registry:
- Inciting or promoting violence against LGBTQ persons
- Bullying, engaging in cyber bullying or inciting others to bully
- Harassing, or encouraging others to harass or harm others
- Abusive intent to cause fear or threaten violence
- Hate speech
- Activities intended to organize, coordinate or otherwise enable one of the above
Registrations are prohibited to parties that are, or associated with recognized hate groups, and .gay domains with forum websites are required to have policies and capabilities in place to respond to contributor behavior that violates the above prohibited behaviors.
Please keep in mind that the .gay registry reserves the right to change their policies at any time. If you would like to see the policy as it stands and in full, you can do so here.
What to do if you believe someone is breaching the rules
The .gay registry operator requests that they be notified of any breaches via email, on email@example.com.
If you need any assistance whilst following through with any of these processes, feel free to get in touch with us via eTicket or over the phone on 13 24 85.