Please note: While we do provide email setup support articles in our FAQ, our Technical Support team are unable to provide support for third-party email software. We recommend contacting the software vendor for troubleshooting issues with these applications. You can find the Outlook (Microsoft 365) help page here.
Prior to setting up email on your device(s) you will need to do one of the following:
- Purchase cPanel shared hosting and setup any required mailbox(es) for your domain.
- Purchase and configure dedicated email hosting mailbox(es) for your domain.
Once you have created a mailbox using one of these methods you will be able to retrieve server settings from cPanel itself or if using the Business email they will be on the welcome email we send out once your mailbox is configured.
With these details and the guide we provide below, you should be able to complete setup on your device.
Setting up your account for the first time
- Select File > Add Account (Windows) or Outlook > Preferences > Account > (+) New Account (Mac).
- On the following screen, click Advanced options, then Let me set up my account manually, then select Connect.
- Select what protocol you would like to connect over – if you’re unsure of what these options imply, we recommend choosing IMAP so that your mail syncs across all devices.
- Enter the recommended server settings for your mail account, and then click Next.
Incoming mail Server: For this example, we’re using ventraip.email from our dedicated email hosting services. You can find your hostname via VIPControl > My Services > Hosting > Service Overview.
Port: 993 for IMAP, or 995 for POP.
Encryption method: SSL/TLS
Outgoing Mail Server: This should be the same as your Incoming mail server.
Encryption method: SSL/TLS
- On the next page, enter your password for this email account and then click Connect.
The app might take some time validating your credentials.
That’s everything! You can now send and receive mail through Outlook (Microsoft 365).
Updating your Account Settings in Outlook
If you are changing what service your email is hosted on, you will likely need to check on the settings you’re connected with. Here’s how to do that!
- Navigate to File > Account Settings > Server Settings.
- Ensure that the Incoming Mail and Outgoing Mail settings are up-to-date per the recommendations above in Setting up for the first time.
If your service has been migrated, you can find your server settings in the welcome email for that service. Alternatively, here’s how to retrieve server settings from cPanel.
Still having issues getting setup?
As mentioned, Our support on issues using this software is limited. We are happy to verify you’ve put everything in the right place though.
Please submit an eTicket through to our technical support team with screenshots of the configurations you applied as per this article and we will let you know if anything has been missed. Past this, you will need to follow our earlier suggestion of consulting the internet or looking into the vendor’s knowledge base. Click here for Microsoft Office Support.