Outlook for Mac Email software setup
Looking to change your current account settings? We have a guide for that here.
Setting up your account for the first time.
- Open up Outlook for Mac. Click the Tools tab, then click Accounts.
- Select Other Email when prompted to select an account type.
- Enter your account information.
- Email address: your full email address needs to go here.
- Password: the password for your email account
- Username: your full email address, the same as above.
- Type: IMAP (read more about why you should choose this!)
- Incoming server: locate your email server here. Tick to enable Override default port, then enter 993. Tick to enable Use SSL to connect.
- Outgoing server: this should be identical to the Incoming server. Tick to enable Override default port, then enter 465. Tick to enable Use SSL to connect.
- Click Add Account.
- Adjust the Account description and Full Name fields as you wish, then click More Options.
- Next to authentication, select Use Incoming Server Info, then click OK to proceed.
- Close the window, and you are good to go! Outlook for your Mac has now been configured.
Still, having issues getting set up?
Our support on issues using this software is limited – however, we want to help where we can! Please submit an eTicket and attach some screenshots of your settings for our team to review. Beyond this, please consult the internet or look into the vendor’s knowledge base.