Prior to setting up email on your device(s) you will need to do one of the following:
- Purchase cPanel shared hosting and setup any required mailbox(s) for your domain.
- Purchase and configure Business email hosting mailbox(s) for your domain.
Once you have created a mailbox using one of these methods you will be able to retrieve server settings from cPanel itself or if using Business email they will be on the welcome email we send out once your mailbox is configured.
With these details and the guide we provide below you should be able to complete setup on your device.
6. Enter in your details.
- Your Name: This is what will display as the ‘From’ name on your emails (e.g. John Smith)
- Email Address: This is your full email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Account Type: Select either POP3 or IMAP (Click here for more information on this choice)
- Incoming Mail Server: This will be the server hostname. (Use this guide to retrieve this information)
- Outgoing Mail Server: This should be identical to the above.
- User Name: This is your full email address (e.g. email@example.com).
- Password: The password for your email account, which you would have elected when you created the email account.
- Remember Password: You can tick this if desired, if you don’t you will need to log in every time
Once you’ve entered your details, click More Settings.
7. Click Outgoing Server, then tick the box which says My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
8. Click Advanced, then enter the port numbers. If you’re using IMAP, it’s 993. For POP3, it’s 995. Choose SSL in both of the dropdown boxes, then enter 465 for the SMTP port.
9. Click Ok, then click Next. Outlook should test your settings to make sure that they work correctly. You should get two ticks. Click Close.
10. Click Finish to dismiss the Add Account Wizard.
11. Click Close to the final box, then begin sending and receiving emails!
Still having issues getting setup?
As mentioned, Our support on issues using this software is limited. We are happy to verify you’ve put everything in the right place though.
Please submit an eTicket through to our technical support team with screenshots of the configurations you applied as per this article and we will let you know if anything has been missed. Past this you will need to follow our earlier suggestion of consulting the internet or looking into the vendors knowledge base. Click here for Microsoft Office Support.