Find the answers to your questions and get the support you need with the VentraIP help centre.
Restoring files using Acronis Backup
- Once logged in to your cPanel, select Acronis Backup.
- On the next page, we see a list of available backup times, select a time that you would like to restore back to.
- On the next page, we can see our available restore options, we will select Files.
- We will then be presented with a list of all the folders and files in our account. Most websites’ files are located in public_html. If in doubt please contact your web designer for assistance. Select the file(s) and/or folder(s) you would like to restore, then select Recover.
- A popup box will appear asking if you would like to remove any files not present in the backup. We would recommend ticking this option in events such as:
- Your website has been compromised and you’d like to remove any files that appeared after the backup date.
- You’ve installed a new website plugin or theme that has corrupted or conflicts with your existing files.
- You would like to completely revert the site to an older version.
From there, click ‘Start Recovery‘.
A box will appear up the top to show you the backup is in progress, once complete it will alert you it has Succeeded.
We Are Here to Help You
Get in touch with one of our local experts at any time.