How can I restore a backup?
If you purchased your web hosting after 1 July 2017, you will have Acronis automatic cloud backups available on your service. If you want to restore files or database content, please follow these guides:
Restoring a full cPanel backup
At an unfortunate time that you may need to restore a full cPanel backup which you have, simply upload it to the hosting service and lodge a support request to our team. We will restore a backup using the file you’ve provided.
Restoring home directory, databases, email forwarders and filters
- Log in to your cPanel service.
- Click the Backup Wizard icon.
- Click Restore, and then choose the type of backup you have as the Restore Type.
- Upload the backup file in question.
- For databases, you may need to add the database user back onto the database.
Note: If there is existing files/databases/etc in place of the same name(s), these will be overwritten by your backup.
Want to know how to create a cPanel backup?
Check out our guide on creating a cPanel backup.