Axigen requires you to use Google’s Authenticator mobile app, to enable and continue to use two factor authentication:
Enabling Two Factor Authentication
- Login to your dedicated email hosting account
- Click on the Settings icon (cog) at the bottom left of the interface, then click Settings
- In the General tab click Turn On next to 2-Step Verification
- Click Get Started
- The Axigen interface will ask you to input your password again
- The interface will show you a QR code under step two (we’ve redacted ours for security reasons).
- Open the Google Authenticator app and click the plus icon at the top right, then scan the QR code using your phone’s camera
- This will add a new authenticator code to the app, which you can then input into the box next to Step 3 that says “Enter the verification code”
- Click Next
- Two Factor Authentication is now enabled and will be required for future logins
Disabling Two Factor Authentication Policy
Please be advised that if you lose access to the account because you’re unable to complete the second verification step when logging in, you will need to submit a ticket (or email email@example.com) to our team, and provide some form of government-issued ID, for us to disable it manually.