Before the migration
Before proceeding, please ensure that you have an active service that we can move your email data to. The services we can migrate email data to for you are:
How to request a migration
In order for us to complete a migration of your email data from your old email provider to us, we’ll need the following information:
- The IP Address of your old email service
- The usernames and passwords of the email accounts on your old provider’s end
Once you have that information at the ready, you can submit a ticket to our technical support team requesting the migration.
After the migration
After the migration has been completed, you will need to ensure that you update your domain name’s MX records. This will ensure that any new emails are delivered to your new email services.
If you have dedicated email hosting, you can follow our guide on how to setup MX records for that service.
If you use Google Workspace, you can setup MX records in cPanel or Free DNS Hosting. If you manage DNS records for your domain name with a 3rd party, you can get the MX records for Google Workspace here.
Email Software Updates
If you access your emails via email software such as Outlook, Thunderbird or Macmail. You will need to update your email software settings to connect to your new email account(s).
We have some guides on how to find and update your email software settings:
- How to change my settings in Outlook 2013, 2016 and 2019 to connect using TLS
- How to modify an existing account in Mac Mail to connect using TLS
- How do I update my settings in Thunderbird to connect securely via TLS?
- How do I set my email account setup in Outlook for Mac to connect using SSL/TLS?
- How do I set an account setup in the Gmail app to connect using SSL/TLS?
- How to configure the Mail app on your IPhone to connect using TLS