First, you will need to sign in to your Wix account and locate your DNS records.
If you’re unsure of the records Wix require, please log in to their control panel or contact their support team.
If you only have your domain registration with us (no other hosting):
If you have registered only your domain name with us, then you will configure your domain to point to Wix via your VIPControl.
- Log in to VIPControl.
- Click the My Services link on the top → Hosting from the tabs underneath.
- Click the DNS button for the domain name that you want to connect to Wix.
- If you are not currently on the Free DNS Hosting option then click the Free DNS Hosting tab to edit.
- Hit the Add DNS record option (bottom right) to add the records as instructed by Wix.
- Repeat Step 6 as required for each record.
If your domain name is using our web hosting nameservers:
This method will be used if your domain is pointing to a hosting service with us via nameservers. The pointing of the DNS will be set up through cPanel using the following steps:
- Log in to your cPanel service.
- Click the Zone Editor icon.
- Add the records as per Wix’s instructions.
NOTE: Changes to the DNS configuration will remove any existing records. It may then take up to 24 hours for the new records to take effect due to DNS propagation.