Modifying the nameservers on a domain name registration
In order for web hosting or email hosting services to work correctly, your domain name must be pointed to the correct set of nameservers. Essentially, these nameservers are the link to your DNS records that connect your domain to your website and/or emails.
How do I update my nameservers?
- Log in to VIPControl.
- Click the My Services link on the top → Domain Management from the tabs underneath.
- Click the DNS button for the domain that you wish to have modified
- Click the Custom Nameservers tab, then Enable. If your hosting service is with VentraIP, choose the VentraIP tab instead.
- Enter the name servers in the provided boxes as required (minimum of 2 needed).
- Confirm by clicking Set Custom Nameservers.
IMPORTANT: Once a DNS change is made the existing records are removed and it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to reflect. It is recommended to have everything else ready before switching the DNS records due to this downtime period.