Enabling DNSSEC in cPanel
DNSSEC (Domain Name System Security Extensions) adds an extra layer of security to your DNS.
To enable DNSSEC for your domain please follow the steps outlined below:
- Navigate to your cPanel account.
- Click on Zone Editor.
- In Zone Manager click DNSSEC next to the domain you want to enable DNSSEC for.
- Click CREATE KEY.
- Click CREATE. It will take a couple of minutes to generate – please wait for it to complete.
- Once generated, it will automatically add the DNSSEC record to your cPanel DNS zone and show you the details.
- You can view the details in Zone Manager under the “DNSSEC” option.
If you are using VentraIP Web Hosting nameservers, then you do not need to perform any additional steps. However, if you have your domain’s DNS hosted outside of VentraIP you will need to provide the following information to the domain host:
- Key Tag and Algorithm
- Digest Type and Digest