Disabling comments on a WordPress website
Why disable commenting on my WordPress site?
With comment forms, a notification email with the comments’ content inside – which may be malicious and/or spam. This can cause harm to your domain name’s reputation as an email sender and your future legitimate emails might end up marked as spam to the recipient.
Sending emails from your hosting service that contain spam content are also against our Acceptable Use Policy.
Disable comments on all of your current posts and pages
- In your WordPress admin, head over to your Pages section and tick to select all of your pages.
- At the top Bulk Actions drop-down, select Edit and then Apply. This will then open the Bulk Edit tool.
- In this tool, navigate to the Comments drop-down and select Do not allow. Then, click Update at the the bottom-right of the tool.
- Repeat the same steps for your Posts section.
Disable comments on future posts and pages
Now that comments have been disabled, you will want to ensure that any new pages or posts you create do not have comments enabled by default.
- Hover over Settings in your WordPress dashboard, and then click Discussion.
- Un-check Allow people to submit comments on new posts.